|Pre-submission mentorship application||
Follow Us on Twitter!Tweets by AACL_SRW
The ACL has released policies for submission, review and citation. Accompanying these are guidelines for authors. AACL-IJCNLP SRW 2022 will adhere to these policies and guidelines. Submissions should:
- Be relevant: Submissions to AACL-IJCNLP SRW 2022 should be relevant to the audience.
- Be original: The content of submissions to AACL-IJCNLP SRW 2022 (the ideas, the findings, the results and the words) should be original; that is, should not have been published (or be accepted for publication) in another refereed, archival form (such as a book, a journal, or a conference proceedings). Authors are referred to the ACL author guidelines for additional information on what constitutes existing publication.
IMPORTANT: Anonymity Period
Authors may present preliminary versions of their work in other venues that are not refereed and/or not archival (e.g., course reports, theses, non-archival workshops, or on preprint servers such as arXiv.org). Note, however, that the ACL policies define an anonymity period, which starts on Aug 9, 2022 (11:59pm PDT) and ends on Oct 21, 2022, meaning that any non-anonymized version of the paper that is posted online during the non-anonymity period cannot be submitted to the workshop.
If you have posted a non-anonymized version of your paper online before the start of the anonymity period, you may submit an anonymized version to the workshop. The submitted version must not refer to the non-anonymized version, and you must indicate on the online submission form that a non-anonymized version exists. During the anonymity period, you may not update a non-anonymized version, advertise an anonymized or non-anonymized version on social media, or take any other action that would compromise double-blind reviewing during the anonymity period.
Pre-submission Mentoring Procedure
Paper drafts for pre-submission mentoring should be sent in the PDF format before Aug 12, 2022. If you choose to participate in the pre-submission mentorship program, you should also submit your paper via https://softconf.com/aacl2022/SRW/, and select the “Yes” option in the button for Pre-submission mentorship.
Pre-submission mentoring is not anonymous. The mentor will not review the final submission. Papers sent for pre-submission mentoring but not submitted via the electronic system (see the instructions below) by Sep 9, 2022, will not be reviewed.
The complete list of important dates are the main page.
For details on mentoring procedure see the mentoring page.
All papers consist of up to five (5) pages of content, plus unlimited references. Supplementary materials are not allowed. Upon acceptance, papers will be given six (6) content pages in the proceedings. Authors are encouraged to use this additional page to address reviewer’s comments in their final versions. Submissions must conform to the specifications of AACL-IJCNLP 2022 call for papers regarding multiple submissions and preparing papers for the double-blind review process.
Paper submissions must use the official AACL-IJCNLP 2022 style templates: See the ARR CFP guidelines.
Please submit using the START conference system: https://softconf.com/aacl2022/SRW/
Multiple Submission Policy
Papers that have been or will be submitted to other meetings or publications must indicate this at submission time. Authors of papers accepted for presentation at AACL-IJCNLP SRW 2022 must notify the program chairs whether the paper will be presented.
All accepted papers must be presented at the workshop in order for them to appear in the proceedings. We will not accept for publication or presentation papers that overlap significantly in content or results with papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere.
Double submission to the AACL-IJCNLP SRW and other AACL-IJCNLP workshops is prohibited.
In the case of two different submissions, the authors must ensure that these submissions do not overlap significantly (> 75%) with each other in content or results.
The reviewing of the papers will be double-blind, so submission should not contain author information or self-identifying citations, e.g., “We previously showed (Smith, 1991) …”, should be avoided. Instead, use citations such as “Smith (1991) previously showed …”. Acknowledgments of funding or assistance must also be omitted. Submissions should not contain pointers to supplemental information on the web. Submissions that do not conform to these requirements will be rejected without review.
Reviewing will be managed by the Student Workshop Co-Chairs and a team of reviewers on the Program Committee. Each submission will be matched with a mixed panel of student and senior researchers for review. The final acceptance decision will be based on the results of the review.
Review Form for AACL 2022 Student Research Workshop (SRW)
Existing ACL review forms suffer from a few issues, including:
- Too many textboxes causing different reviewers to divide their review among the textboxes in different ways (contributions, strengths, weaknesses, questions, suggestions, …)
- Lengthy explanations in the Evaluation (numerical) part
- Missing evaluation criteria, in particular Generalizability and Interestingness
AACL SRW is introducing a new review form, with the following main goals in mind:
- Reduce unnecessary reviewer load
- Easy to understand
- Constructive feedback for authors
- Can be easily adapted to other workshops/conferences
The main features:
- Only two text boxes
- Paper summary (info for the chairs)
- Feedback (info for the authors)
- Use of the familiar Likert agree/disagree scale for the various paper criteria
- Four new paper criteria: Generalizability, Interestingness, Structure (in addition to Readability), Ethics
You can download the review form here.